Deadlock condition

Installing R language on Ubuntu


  Did you ever have a trouble toward analysis some statistics or calculations?
If you had, so you exactly understand how it take our times for aggregation reports, for instance in Excel document. In my case, I found a perfect script language that helps us making our reports faster and easier. R - The statistical analysis and data mining package.
  When I found this package I was trying to install the package by installation guide from official page. To tell truth I was confused even if I followed step by step there, but eventually I did it. After all these challenges I made a clear installation manual for myself,  I think so, and I'm going to share it in the blog.    
  All right stop talking a lot. Let's begin it)

OS: Ubuntu precise 12.04. 

Firstly get the repository SSL key and import it into apt

gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-key E084DAB9
gpg -a --export E084DAB9 | sudo apt-key add -


After edit the sources list

gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
Note that, we are doing all the commands under the root allowance.

Add the line repository address to the bottom.
deb http://cran.ma.imperial.ac.uk/bin/linux/ubuntu precise/
After all these procedures you should preupdate your sources list
sudo apt-get update
Then install R.
sudo apt-get install r-base
Now you can test it typing R prompt with.
ubuntu@root#: R
And try to create a shell script
> print("shebang works")

That is all, good luck! Next blog will be about creating simple examples of R script.

Comments